The Lower School program is delivered by highly qualified and dedicated professionals from Rio and around the world. Our learners are challenged and inspired by an internationally recognized curriculum that provides high quality learning pathways for students to pursue their passions and access the best possible university opportunities. We aim to inspire each child to pursue their passions, strive for excellence, and achieve a fulfilling life.
Our preschool program is multi-age and Montessori-inspired. In kindergarten through grade five we use the Reader’s and Writer’s Workshop framework to deliver literacy instruction and Engage NY for math. Portuguese, Art, Music, and Physical Education are delivered by teachers who specialize in these areas.
Our after school program offers high quality programs that develop athletic potential, inspire creative expression, stimulate innovation, and forge leadership abilities.
Students are encouraged to be creative, take risks, think critically, collaborate, communicate, and engage with the global community. We offer a very rigorous academic program in order to make sure that our students are well-prepared for the world outside of school.
- Disciplinary Core Ideas – specific content and subject areas
- Science and Engineering practices – students are expected not just to learn content but to understand the methods of scientists and engineers
- Interdisciplinary Approach – key underlying ideas that are common to a number of themes
- Língua Pátria (LP) is a course designed for native speakers and Brazilian Diploma candidates.
- Portuguese for Foreigner or non-native speakers at the beginning, intermediate, or advanced levels.