The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is an interim organization composed by all parents and guardians of EARJ students. Its main purpose is to work collaboratively with the school administration for the benefit of the students and the EARJ community.
The association operates according to its own bylaws, which are a set of rules and conventions periodically reviewed by the Barra and Gávea PTA Boards.
We believe that parents are one of the pillars of utmost importance in a child’s education. This is why we encourage them to get involved in school activities and events as much as possible through the PTA.
Each campus has a PTA Board composed of 6-10 volunteer parent members, which is elected annually. The Boards each meet monthly to plan PTA activities and to connect with the school administration.
The Boards are formed by the following positions:
- Division Representatives
The EARJ PTA’s role is to:
- Create links between staff, parents and students;
- Support new and existing families as they come into, stay, and leave the EARJ community;
- Support and encourage school and student events;
- Provide social opportunities in the EARJ community;
- Communicate information regarding PTA and school activities and events;
- Conduct elections for parents wanting to become members of the EARJ Board of Directors.